Who are we and what personal data we collect?
The IMDA is a Not For Profit Association for the Independent Motor Dealers based in the UK. The IMDA collects personal data about individuals working for or on behalf of its members.
What personal data is collected?
The data collected includes names, email addresses, telephone numbers and correspondence address.
What is the legal basis for processing?
On the basis that the processing is necessary due to the legitimate interests of ensuring the IMDA members & suppliers, as part of the membership subscription you are provided with industry information, advice, guidance, events and training.
Is the data shared with third parties?
The data will only be shared with third parties for the purposes of processing orders and when a training course or event is booked or where an individual working for or on behalf of a member is a nominated contact for our research providers. We will also share the data you have provided on behalf your company to Lawdata who provide free legal support and require this information to ensure you are a member and allowed to benefit from this FREE service and Aston Scott /Aston Larch –Insurance Brokers, who as IMDA Partners will contact you directly so you can benefit from the IMDA’s Insurance Policy. If you do not wish for your data to be processed you can choose to opt-out by contacting the IMDA’s data controller email@example.com
How is the data processed?
The data will be used for the purposes of sharing press releases, processing a complaint, processing orders, booking training courses or events, keeping an employee updated on industry news, survey completion, training and events. It will also be used to help offer you the best possible advice & supplier offers.
How long will the data be held for?
The data will be stored until we are advised that the individual is no longer working for or on behalf of a member or if the individual advises us that they no longer wish to be contacted by us. All communications from the IMDA contains an unsubscribe option.
Where is the data stored?
The data is stored out with the EU . MyHub is hosted in the cloud using Amazon Web Services (AWS) the world’s largest hosted data centre in Virginia (USA)
How to complain?
If an individual is not happy with how we have processed their data, a complaint should be sent to jim@the IMDA.co.uk
The Independent Motor Dealers Association is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out how we will use any personal data that we hold about you including any emails we may send to you.
The data controller is The IMDA, Elder Road, Stoke on Trent, ST62BU
Should you have any queries or concerns about the use of your personal data, please contact our communications team by writing to the address above, calling 01257 498 100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
1. 'THE IMDA', 'we' or 'us' means The Independent Motor Dealers Association
THE INFORMATION WE MIGHT HOLD ABOUT YOU
Information you give us
2. Depending on the reason that you have contacted us or we have contacted you we will hold the following information about you:
Information we collect about you
3. When you visit the IMDA website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the IMDA website, and information about how you interact with the website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
4. We may use Google Analytics in the future to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ . You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
Use of IP Addresses
Registration on the website
6. Registration on the website is only available to THE IMDA members. If you have registered on our website we will collect personal data including: email address, telephone number, first name, last name and company name to complete the registration process. As part of the registration process we will add you to the THE IMDA membership database. The data is stored out with the EU . MyHub is hosted in the cloud using Amazon Web Services (AWS) the world’s largest hosted data centre in Virginia (USA)
7. You have a right to ask for a copy of your information and to correct any inaccuracies. Please email hello@TheIMDA.co.uk if you would like to know what if any personal information we hold about you.
8. This information is processed on the basis that it is in your legitimate interest as you have requested registration on the website.
9. We will retain your personal data until we are advised that you no longer wish to be registered on our website.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
10. Depending on the reason for holding your data we will use the information we hold for the following purposes:
11. We will send members and their employees industry news, information on training and events by email. These emails can be unsubscribed from at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the email or contacting info@TheIMDA.co.uk.
12. The data is processed on the basis that the processing is necessary due to the legitimate interests of the IMDA member and its employees for us to provide industry information, advice, events and training.
13. The data will be stored until we are advised that the employee has left the member or the employee advises us that they no long wish to receive information from us. Complaint data will be stored for a maximum of one year from the date of complaint.
14. The data is stored out with the EU . MyHub is hosted in the cloud using Amazon Web Services (AWS) the world’s largest hosted data centre in Virginia (USA)
WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
15. Where necessary or where we have the right to do so, we will share your personal information with selected third parties including:
16. The IMDA may disclose your Personal Data if it believes such action is necessary: to conform with a legal requirement or comply with the legal process including civil and criminal proceedings, protect and defend the rights or property of the The IMDA, enforce this Online Agreement, or to protect the interests of its users.
17. Unfortunately the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, and transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
18. You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to have your personal data removed.
THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE
20. The ICO is the government body responsible for enforcing Applicable Data Protection legislation in the UK. Their website is located at www.ico.gov.uk.
21. For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below: THE IMDA, Elder Road, Stoke on Trent, ST62BU